RESEARCH, ENGAGEMENT AND ADVOCACY
Transforming the sport landscape toward gender equality for all.
Globally recognized, impactful and critical research on gender, global sport, health and international development.
Journal of Sport for Development announces Early Career Scholar Award – Dr Sarah Zipp.
Collaborative research project with the National Organisation for Women in Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation (NOWSPAR) of Zambia on menstrual health education in sport for development.
Media articles, speeches, workshops, panels and taskforces.
Articles featured in The Conversation.
Campaigning for gender equality and girls/women’s health in sport and physical activity.
Invited Consultancy, Speeches, Workshops, other Presentations
- Gender Equality Toolkit for Generation Z (GETZ) Conference – Keynote Speaker (Norway) – Delivered Keynote speech on Gender equality and sport for development for the GETZ project (Erasmus funded project).
- International Working Group on Women in Sport (IWG) (Switzerland) – Invited to contribute to research team for a feasibility study on the establishment of a Global Observatory for Women and Sport. This is a project directed by the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and funded by the Switzerland government.
- Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee (SAOC) (Saudi Arabia) – Consultant for SAOC to develop content, speak/moderate and organise speakers for the inaugural Saudi Arabia Games Forum (March 2020).
- UK Government Period Poverty Taskforce (UK) – Consultant for research workshop (October 2019). This taskforce is chaired by the Minister for Women & Equalities, Plan International and Procter & Gamble. Participation in the taskforce is an ideal opportunity for my research to have impact on policy.
- Wellcome Trust Foundation (UK) – Consultant for Public Engagement team to advise on a study about adolescent girls, menstruation and sport and physical activity (July 2019).
- Big Tent Ideas Festival (UK) – Invited to present on panel “Sport and soft power,” (August 2019). This event was sponsored by the British Foreign Policy Group.
- Festival of Research (UK) – University of Stirling. Presented “Voices from the field – researching in developing countries (May 2019).
- University of Tsukuba (Japan) – Invited to collaborate on research and deliver lectures at the Tsukuba International Academy for Sport Studies (TIAS) (April 2019).
- Being Human festival (UK) –Invited as “expert” panelist on menstrual health at Liverpool John Moores University Being Human Festival (LJMU) (November 2018).
- Washington and Lee University National Girls & Women’s Sports Day (USA) – Presented to women’s athletic teams in celebration of National Women’s Sports Day. Delivered radio interview on International Education (February 2013).