RESEARCH, ENGAGEMENT AND ADVOCACY
Transforming the sport landscape toward gender equality for all.
COMING SOON – the @Robin period project for tweens/teens. We are developing resources to support adolescents, their families, teachers and coaches. Including lessons, a global community of support, a period tracking app for teens and more.
Stomp out stigma and include everyone (LGBTQ+, disability, autism spectrum, etc.).
We have the Power to Play, Period (sport and play through periods, coaches’ education). We are a global community (connecting through shared experience, #HeforShe).
Globally recognized, impactful and critical research on gender, global sport, health and international development.
Journal of Sport for Development announces Early Career Scholar Award – Dr Sarah Zipp.
Media articles, speeches, workshops, panels and taskforces.
Articles featured in The Conversation.
Campaigning for gender equality and girls/women’s health in sport and physical activity.
Invited Consultancy, Speeches, Workshops, other Presentations
- Gender Equality Toolkit for Generation Z (GETZ) Conference – Keynote Speaker (Norway) – Delivered Keynote speech on Gender equality and sport for development for the GETZ project (Erasmus funded project).
- International Working Group on Women in Sport (IWG) (Switzerland) – Invited to contribute to research team for a feasibility study on the establishment of a Global Observatory for Women and Sport. This is a project directed by the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and funded by the Switzerland government.
- Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee (SAOC) (Saudi Arabia) – Consultant for SAOC to develop content, speak/moderate and organise speakers for the inaugural Saudi Arabia Games Forum (March 2020).
- UK Government Period Poverty Taskforce (UK) – Consultant for research workshop (October 2019). This taskforce is chaired by the Minister for Women & Equalities, Plan International and Procter & Gamble. Participation in the taskforce is an ideal opportunity for my research to have impact on policy.
- Wellcome Trust Foundation (UK) – Consultant for Public Engagement team to advise on a study about adolescent girls, menstruation and sport and physical activity (July 2019).
- Big Tent Ideas Festival (UK) – Invited to present on panel “Sport and soft power,” (August 2019). This event was sponsored by the British Foreign Policy Group.
- Festival of Research (UK) – University of Stirling. Presented “Voices from the field – researching in developing countries (May 2019).
- University of Tsukuba (Japan) – Invited to collaborate on research and deliver lectures at the Tsukuba International Academy for Sport Studies (TIAS) (April 2019).
- Being Human festival (UK) –Invited as “expert” panelist on menstrual health at Liverpool John Moores University Being Human Festival (LJMU) (November 2018).
- Washington and Lee University National Girls & Women’s Sports Day (USA) – Presented to women’s athletic teams in celebration of National Women’s Sports Day. Delivered radio interview on International Education (February 2013).